B. Duties, Privileges, and Eligibility of Champions
1. To swear an oath of fealty or service to the Barony
2. To defend the honor and prestige of the Barony and the Kingdom
of An Tir, whenever challenged.
3. To support the Barony in war and/or enter competitions for war
4. To attend and support Aquaterra events such as Boars Hunt,
Banner War, and Ursulmas. The Champion will be expected to return
to defend their title or pass along title and regalia to the next
Victor at the following year's Championship competition, unless
permission is received from the Coronet not to
5. To stand behind the chairs during Baronial Court at events.
6. To maintain membership in the Society during the champion's term
7. To speak or act in the Coronets' name when delegated to do
8. To actively further the interests of the area of endeavor
through teaching the populace of Aquaterra, through performance, or
through pursuit of the skill.
9. To suggest an outline to the Coronets for the competition in
their area of expertise in the following year's Championship.
1. All entrants must be paid members of SCA, Inc.
2. All entrants must be at least 18 years of age except Youth
Armored Combat Champion who will be determined from the Dragon
ALL ENTRANTS, including those for the martial arts, must present
themselves in Opening Baronial Court on the day of the Championship
when the competitors for each competition are called forth, to
proclaim their intent to enter the Aquaterra Championship and
receive the Invocation.
ALL ENTRANTS must submit proof of membership, modern and SCA names,
and complete contact information (email if applicable, and phone)
at the beginning of their competition on the day of the
Championship. Failure to provide proof of membership will result in
immediate disqualification. Entrants must assume responsibility for
reading the rules of the specific Championship contest desired and
complying with all parts of those rules.
~ CHAMPIONSHIP DETAILS ~
I. Heavy Combat
III. Thrown Weapons
VI. Youth Armored Combat (YAC)
VII. Arts & Sciences
In addition to the Customary requirements, Competitors must
- A Letter of Intent to the Baron & Baroness of Aquaterra by
Saturday, August 5th at 11:59pm (Current as of 5/24/17; date and
time subject to change)
- At judging, 1 completed project (with documentation)
- At judging, 1 project in progress (with inspiration and rough
outline of research)
For each project you will present to a panel of judges for 15-20
minutes with 15-20 minutes for Q&A with the judges after the
presentation. Please bring 4 copies of your documentation. (Current
as of 5/24/17; time and copies subject to change). Judging
forms/process used TBA.
Competition Contact TBA
Site Info: Name: Stanwood/Camano Fairgrounds 6431 Pioneer Hwy. Stanwood, WA 98292
Directions to Site:
Last Event's Directions:
Take Exit 212 from
Interstate 5. Travel west 3 miles on State Route 532. Turn Left on
64th Ave. Go approximately 1/2 mile, and turn right on to the
Pioneer Hwy. The fairgrounds entrance will be on the right just
past the Eagles Club on the corner: look for the SCA
equestrian trailer parking & camping area is on 64th Ave
(before turning on
Pioneer Hwy & reaching main Gate - watch for
Note that the above Weather and Map information is generated from the site address and can be easily confused. The weather will say if its for the branch or for the site. It will be for the site if the site can be found, but this again is not always the case, and if the site is some distance from the branch then the weather may be different.